A few years back, DJ competitions started gaining popularity and helped unearth a generation of talented DJs that are now dominating Cairo’s ever-growing music scene - anyone who was into the nightlife scene a few years back, will remember Student DJ. It doesn’t matter who won the competition back then, as most of the participants now hold a solid place in the scene, regardless of their sound or genre.

As the scene has grown, and can handle even more DJs, Cairo Jazz Club created “Hey DJ” — a new DJ competition that will give the chance to new talents to showcase what they've got. So if you’re ready and think you’ve got what it takes, apply and you’ll get the chance to showcase your music and win exciting prizes.

To apply, fill in the application on their website, with one of your Soundcloud recorded sets. 16 DJs will be chosen and divided into four groups of four. Each group will be assigned to one of these mentors: Ashmawy, A-Squared, Misty and Mohasseb, who will ensure pushing their skills to their max potential, at a bootcamp that will take place from February 23rd till March 3rd.

Each team will then play a set at CJC’s Manic Mondays, where the judges (Ahmed Eid, Ouzo, Omar Sherif and Shiha) will cover 80% of the voting on who goes up to the next stage. The remaining 20% are up to the crowd. The three final rounds will be held in CJC 610 on April 4th, 11th and 18th.

Winners will receive prizes, listed below:

- A Traktor Kontrol X1 for the four finalists.

- EPIC 101 Music Production/Mixing & Mastering course for the four finalists.

- Branding by PLUG. Creative for the 2 winners.

- A massive surprise for the two winners.

Apply to Hey DJ here.